|Occupation||Analgesic device, voice distorter|
- "Tell me about Bane! Why does he wear the mask!?"
Bane's Mask is the world-renowned headgear Bane wears to make people care about him and to suppress the constant pain he endures because of the wounds he suffered at The Pit. The pain-killing gas it delivers is so potent that Bane is, for example, able to take punches from rather large individuals without flinching. It also makes his speech extremely difficult to understand, which must certainly serve some kind of a tactical purpose.
Also Known AsEdit
- The Mask
- Spending every waking moment with the mask, Bane has grown understandably fond of it. This intimacy is illustrated, for example, later on in the Post-Credit Scenes when Bane is punched and the mask is temporarily damaged, causing him great distress. This camaraderie veers towards the disturbing, however, when during the Plane Scene, Bane refers to his mask as an animate, sapient being:
- If I pull That off, will you die?
- It would be extremely painful.
- Further research is warranted as to exactly why Bane seems to think the mask would be in pain if it were taken away from him. Worth nothing is that CIA seems to harbor similarly troubling feelings towards his pistol.
- How does Bane eat? How can he maintain his impressively big figure if he has to wear the mask around the clock? Does he consume nutrients solely through an IV drip, or perhaps through some mysterious, exotic means devised by the League of Shadows? Perhaps he is able to secrete Bigness from the very air itself.
- Deducing that the mask supplies Bane with some sort of gas chemical or medicine into Bane's lungs, the most viable candidate for a chemical that can supply consistent and strong pain-killing results is Ziconotide, extracted from the venom of the Cone snail (Conus magus) .